Today the Reds recalled from Louisville LHP David Holmberg (#36); selected from Louisville the contract of RHP Pedro Villarreal (#62); optioned to Louisville RHP Carlos Contreras and RHP J.J. Hoover.
Reds President and CEO Bob Castellini, Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and representatives of Proctor & Gamble at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow will participate in the grand opening ceremony of the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy (2026 E. Seymour Ave.)...the $7 million complex features 4 fields and a 33,000-square-foot indoor training center that will serve as the home to all of the Reds Community Fund's outreach programs...also scheduled to attend the ribbon cutting are Hall of Famers Frank Robinson and Joe Morgan and current Reds players Jay Bruce, Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto, along with city and county officials...Commissioner Selig will be available to the local media at 5:40 p.m. tomorrow in the field level interview room at Great American Ball Park.
Homestand Highlights • August 21-28 • Reds vs. Braves & Cubs
Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:10 p.m.
• First Pitch: Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) will throw out a ceremonial first pitch during pregame ceremonies.
Friday, Aug. 22, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:10 p.m.
• Fireworks Friday: Post-game fireworks show starting approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by KOI Auto Parts.
• I Do's On the Diamond: Twenty couples will say their vows and get married on the field in the second annual I Do's On the Diamond. (Ceremony will start at 6:35 p.m.)
• First Pitch: National Underground Railroad Freedom Center President Dr. Clarence G. Newsome will throw out a ceremonial first pitch to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Freedom Center.
Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:10 p.m.
• 2015 All-Star Bobblehead: To celebrate Cincinnati as the host of next year's Midsummer Classic, free limited-edition Mr. Redlegs bobblehead bearing the 2015 MLB All-Star Game logo to the first 25,000 fans.
Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 1:10 p.m.
• Kids Rosie Red Book: As part of family day at the ballpark, free "Rosie's Run Through Reds Country" storybook to the first 8,000 kids 14 and younger, presented by PNC Bank. Author Joel Altman will sign copies of the book at the Reds Heads Clubhouse from when gates open to the end of the first inning.
• Reds Rookies Baby Club Day: More than 300 Reds Rookies Baby Club members and their parents will take part in a pregame parade on the field. The Kroger Fan Zone will also become the "Baby Zone," with games and activities for all Reds fans including babies and their families. Reds partners Pampers, TriHealth and Kroger will have giveaways for fans there as well. More information on the new baby fan club is available at reds.com/rookies.
Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
• Bark in the Park: Tonight is the third of four Bark in the Park games this season, presented by Iams and Kroger. Over 600 dogs and their owners will be in a special seating area while the Kroger Fan Zone will turn into the "Dog Zone" with product samples and activities for both dogs and owners. A pregame parade with all the dogs and owners begins at 6:25 p.m. A limited number of dog tickets are still available at reds.com/dogday. Dog packages must be purchased in advance of game day.
Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 12:35 p.m.
• Heart & Hustle Award: Skip Schumaker will be presented with the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association's "Heart & Hustle Award" during pregame ceremonies. The annual award was created to recognize one player on each MLB team who demonstrates a passion for the game and best embodies the values, spirit and tradition of the game.
Ticket Offers For This Homestand: reds.com/tickets
• 4 for $48 with Servatii Vouchers: Purchase 4 tickets for $48 to the Aug. 21-24 Reds vs. Braves games and receive four vouchers, good for a total value of $20 at Servatii Pastry Shop and Deli.
• Reach Magazine Family Games: Sundays are family days at the ballpark! One member of the family pays full price and may purchase up to three non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Dugout Box, All You Can Eat Seats, Outer View Level, Value View and Kroger Bleachers: reds.com/family.
• Bowtie Tuesday: For select Tuesday home games (including Aug. 26) fans can purchase tickets for as low as $8, which includes an exclusive Reds bowtie: reds.com/bowtie.
• Reds Wild Wednesday: For every Wednesday home game this season, fans can purchase a package for as low as $19.50 that includes a Terrace Line ticket and a B-Dubs food voucher valid at participating Buffalo Wild Wings locations: reds.com/wild.
• Senior Citizen Special: For select games (including Aug. 28) fans 60 and older may purchase select non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Dugout Box, All You Can Eat Seats, Outer View Level, Value View and Kroger Bleachers. Presented by Tri-State Centers For Sight: reds.com/seniors.
• Business Day Special: For every Paycor Business Day Special, get one View Level Line ticket and $10 in concession credits for only $15: reds.com/skipwork.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Will McEnaney Autographs - Aug. 22 & 23: Meet and receive an autograph from Big Red Machine relief pitcher Will McEnaney during autograph sessions at the Reds Hall of Fame on Friday, Aug. 22 from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 23. from 5 to 6:30 p.m. A key member of the Machine's stellar bullpen, McEnaney has the distinction of recording the final out of both the 1975 and 1976 World Series championships. Autographs are free with museum admission. Limit one autograph per person per session.
• Life Enriching Communities Senior Days - Aug. 25: Senior citizens ages 60 and over will be admitted free of charge to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum on select Mondays this season, courtesy of Life Enriching Communities.
Reds in the Community
• Grand Opening of the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy - Aug. 22: Commissioner Bud Selig and representatives of Major League Baseball, the Cincinnati Reds, Procter & Gamble and local officials of the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County will hold a ribbon-cutting and official grand opening ceremony for the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy on Friday, Aug. 22 at 11 a.m. A public celebration for the community will be held from 5 to 10 p.m. with live music and Rozzi's fireworks. The Urban Youth Academy is located at 2026 E. Seymour Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45237.
• Mesoraco at Kroger in Florence - Aug. 23: Devin Mesoraco will meet with fans and sign autographs on Saturday, Aug. 23 at the Florence, KY Kroger Market Place from 11 a.m. to Noon.