Red Sox second-base prospect Mookie Betts was one of the breakout performers of 2013, as he turned his raw tools into performance. He hit .315 with 15 home runs between Class A Greenville and Class A Advanced Salem and was named Boston's Minor League Offensive Player of the Year.
Betts, the Red Sox's No. 6 prospect and No. 60 overall, hasn't slowed down in 2014. After collecting two hits in Double-A Portland's 7-4 victory at Binghamton on Monday, he has a .448/.484/.707 slash line with five stolen bases through 15 games.
Betts is also riding a 10-game hitting streak, which he will look to extend when Portland continues its four-game series at Binghamton on Tuesday at 6:35 p.m. ET.
Right-hander Jon Gray, the Rockies' No. 1 prospect and No. 14 overall, highlights the top pitchers slated to be in action Tuesday. The No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft is scheduled to start the second game of Double-A Tulsa's doubleheader at Arkansas, which can be seen on MiLB.TV. After throwing 5 2/3 scoreless innings last Wednesday, Gray will be looking to build on his best outing of the season.
Other pitchers ranked on MLB.com's Top 100 Prospects list scheduled to start Tuesday include right-handers Trevor Bauer (71) and Lucas Giolito (42) and left-hander Justin Nicolino (79). Fans can watch Bauer and Nicolino on MiLB.TV at 6:35 p.m. and 7:05 p.m., respectively.
Top prospect probables
- Jose Alvarez (Angels No. 17), Salt Lake City vs. Albuquerque
- Trevor Bauer (Indians No. 3), Columbus vs. Gwinnett
- Tim Berry (Orioles No. 8), Bowie vs. Erie
- Aaron Blair (D-backs No. 4), South Bend vs. Dayton
- Zachary Bird (Dodgers No. 13), Great Lakes vs. Fort Wayne
- Ty Blach (Giants No. 6), Richmond at Reading
- Paul Blackburn (Cubs No. 14), Kane County vs. Beloit
- Jamie Callahan (Red Sox No. 19), Greenville vs. Asheville
- Rafael De Paula (Yankees No. 16), Tampa vs. Brevard County
- Lucas Giolito (Nationals No. 1), Hagerstown at Augusta
- Marco Gonzales (Cardinals No. 5), Palm Beach at St. Lucie
- Jon Gray (Rockies No. 1), Tulsa at Arkansas
- Ismael Guillon (Reds No. 10), Dayton at South Bend
- Josh Hader (Astros No. 15), Lancaster at Inland Empire
- Jesse Hahn (Padres No. 13), San Antonio at Frisco
- Hunter Harvey (Orioles No. 4), Delmarva vs. Savannah
- Taylor Jungmann (Brewers No. 9), Huntsville vs. Mobile
- Ben Lively (Reds No. 13), Bakersfield at Modesto
- Tyler Matzek (Rockies No. 12), Colorado Springs at New Orleans
- Justin Nicolino (Marlins No. 4), Jacksonville vs. Pensacola
- Felipe Rivero (Nationals No. 18), Harrisburg at Altoona
- Sal Romano (Reds No. 15), Dayton at South Bend
- Carlos Salazar (Braves No. 14), Rome vs. Greensboro
- Blake Snell (Rays No. 10), Bowling Green at West Michigan
- Jake Thompson (Tigers No. 4), Lakeland vs. Dunedin
- Drew VerHagen (Tigers No. 13), Toledo vs. Indianapolis
- Tom Windle (Dodgers No. 7), Rancho Cucamonga at High Desert
- Kevin Ziomek (Tigers No. 14), West Michigan vs. Bowling Green
Teddy Cahill is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @tedcahill. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.