The top pitching prospects for five teams are scheduled to start in the Minor Leagues on Wednesday, including D-backs right-hander Archie Bradley, ranked No. 5 on MLB.com's Top 100 Prospects list. Bradley will get the ball for Triple-A Reno against Las Vegas in a game that can be seen on MiLB.TV at 9:35 p.m. ET.
The other No. 1 prospects slated for Wednesday are right-handers Lucas Giolito (Nationals), Jon Gray (Rockies), Jimmy Nelson (Brewers) and Robert Stephenson (Reds). Fans can also watch Gray, Nelson and Stephenson on MiLB.TV.
Pitching for Class A Hagerstown, Giolito will face right-hander Hunter Harvey, the Orioles' No. 4 prospect and 2013 first-round Draft pick, in the first game of a prospect-laden doubleheader. Two more of the Nationals' top prospects will be in action as right-hander Austin Voth (No. 16) will start the second game, and third baseman Drew Ward (No. 13) is expected to return to the lineup after being activated from the disabled list Tuesday. The Shorebirds also boast two more of the Orioles' top 10 prospects: outfielder Josh Hart (No. 6) and catcher Chance Sisco (No. 10).
Bad weather washed out many games over the past two days, including the last two games of Triple-A Indianapolis's three-game series at Columbus. Outfielder Gregory Polanco, the Pirates' No. 1 prospect (No. 13 overall), and the Indians will hope for better weather as they begin a three-game series at Louisville, which can be seen on MiLB.TV at 6:35 p.m.
Polanco has a 10-game hitting streak and has gotten an extra-base hit in four straight games along with multiple-RBI performances in each of his past three. He was named the International League's Player of the Week on Monday and enters the series with a .465/.511/.744 slash line.
Wednesday's top prospect probables:
- Miguel Almonte (Royals No. 6), Wilmington at Lynchburg
- Clayton Blackburn (Giants No. 8), Richmond vs. Reading
- Archie Bradley (D-backs No. 1), Reno vs. Las Vegas
- Mauricio Cabrera (Braves No. 5), Lynchburg vs. Wilmington
- Chase De Jong (Blue Jays No. 13), Lansing at Wisconsin
- Rafael De Paula (Yankees No. 16), Tampa vs. Clearwater
- Michael Feliz (Astros No. 10), Quad Cities vs. West Michigan
- Lucas Giolito (Nationals No. 1), Hagerstown at Delmarva
- Jon Gray (Rockies No. 1), Tulsa vs. Northwest Arkansas
- Joan Gregorio (Giants No. 12), San Jose vs. Inland Empire
- Ismael Guillon (Reds No. 10), Dayton vs. Clinton
- Hunter Harvey (Orioles No. 4), Delmarva vs. Hagerstown
- Kyle Hendricks (Cubs No. 16), Iowa vs. New Orleans
- Taylor Jungmann (Brewers No. 9), Huntsville at Mississippi
- Dace Kime (Indians No. 15), Lake County vs. Peoria
- Ben Lively (Reds No. 13), Bakersfield at Stockton
- Zach Lee (Dodgers No. 4), Albuquerque vs. El Paso
- Jimmy Nelson (Brewers No. 1), Nashville vs. Memphis
- Felipe Rivero (Nationals No. 18), Harrisburg vs. Altoona
- Carlos Salazar (Braves No. 14), Rome vs. Lexington
- Sam Selman (Royals No. 13), Northwest Arkansas vs. Tulsa
- Tyler Skulina (Cubs No. 18), Kane County at Bowling Green
- Kyle Smith (Astros No. 19), Lancaster vs. High Desert
- Robert Stephenson (Reds No. 1), Pensacola vs. Montgomery
- Marcus Stroman (Blue Jays No. 2), Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
- Jake Thompson (Tigers No. 4), Lakeland at Brevard County
- Austin Voth (Nationals No. 16), Hagerstown at Delmarva
- Taylor Williams (Brewers No. 16), Wisconsin vs. Lansing
- Tom Windle (Dodgers No. 7), Rancho Cucamonga vs. Lake Elsinore
- Gabriel Ynoa (Mets No. 15), St. Lucie vs. Jupiter
- Kevin Ziomek (Tigers No. 14), West Michigan at Quad Cities