• Chuck Harmon, the first African-American to play for the Reds, will be presented with the 2014 Powel Crosley, Jr. Award and serve as the Honorary Captain of the Game.
• Clay Holland from Holland and Holland, Inc. will accept the 2014 Most Valuable Diverse Business Partner Award from Hall of Famer Joe Morgan and Sean Rugless, President and CEO of the African-American Chamber of Commerce. The award is presented annually by the Reds and Major League Baseball.
• Players and coaches from historically black Kentucky State University baseball team and Trevecca Nazarene University baseball team will be recognized. The two teams are playing the first collegiate game at new P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy on April 15 at 2 p.m. at Roselawn Sports Park.
• Jackie Robinson Day jeweled bases and lineup cards will be featured and the Number 42 will be stenciled on the field.
• The jerseys worn by the players and bases used during the game will be available to purchase from Reds Authentics with proceeds benefiting the Reds Community Fund.
• One Number 42 Reds jersey will be signed and auctioned-off on MLB.com, with the proceeds benefitting the Jackie Robinson Foundation.
"We are proud to join Major League Baseball in celebrating Robinson's legacy and immeasurable contributions to the game," said Rick Walls, Executive Director of the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum. "The Number 42, worn proudly on the uniforms on April 15 and displayed continuously in ballparks across the nation, serves as a reminder and pays tribute to how one man transformed the game. The game of baseball continues to feel the influence of Jackie Robinson on the field and in the stands."
Chuck Harmon will sign autographs and meet with fans at the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The signing is free with Museum admission. The 60th anniversary of Harmon's debut with the Reds is April 17th and he will celebrate his 90th birthday on April 23rd.
Fans can visit the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum to see the following artifacts:
• Harmon's game used spikes
• Scott Rolen's game used Number 42 jersey from Jackie Robinson Day in 2011
• Eric Davis' road jersey from 1997 (He shortened the sleeves to pay tribute to Jackie Robinson)
On Tuesday morning at 9:42 a.m. ET, baseball fans worldwide will be encouraged to commemorate Jackie Robinson Day with a worldwide Twitter thank you using the hashtag #Jackie42. Iam42.com is a custom Instagram page where fans can share their thoughts and photos in support of Jackie Robinson Day, including using the hashtag #Jackie42.